A venture is required to get GST registration if:
- It’s aggregate turnover in a financial year crosses:
- INR 20 lakhs if it is located in any of the states other than the special category one (see the next point)
- INR 10 lakhs if its located in special category states namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand.
- It sells on e-commerce platforms or is an e-commerce operator
- The business works with vendors who are GST registered and would want to claim GST credits.