Contact Us

Shifting registered office from City to City

What is Shifting?

As and when the company changes its registered office, it needs to intimate the MCA of this change. Please note that change or addition in place of business does not necessarily mean change in registered office address.

Process Flow

Step 1

Share documents and requirements

Share your requirements and the list of documents mentioned below.
Step 2

Passing the board resolution

A resolution would be passed to brief out about details
Step 3

Share signed documents with Wazzeer

Wazzeer team will prepare draft documents on which signatures will be reuqired of current directors/shareholders
Step 4

Filing of e-form INC 22

We will help with the filing of eForm INC-22 which is required for verification of the registered office
Step 5

Filing of e-form MGT-14

We will help with filing of e form MGT-14 with the Registrar of Companies
Step 6

Sharing deliverables

Resolution and other relevant documents relating to shifting of RO , Filed e-Forms and Challans and Updated RO details of Company in MCA Portal

Documents required

For Company registered address:

  • Utility Bill  (Not older than 2 months)
  • NOC from property owner (Draft will be provided)
  • Rental Agreement / Sale Deed / Lease Deed


  • Resolution and other relevant documents relating to shifting of RO
  • Filed e-Forms and Challans
  • Updated RO details of Company in MCA Portal

Why choose Wazzeer?

  • One platform for all your requirements

    Incorporation is just the first step. Wazzeer supports you throughout your journey as an entrepreneur. Log in to get things done efficiently. A dedicated Account Manager offers the required human touch and acts as an advisor to you.

  • Experienced professionals

    Our professionals have at least 5 years of experience and have incorporated thousands of companies among them. The rich experience ensures that the process is smooth and right in the first go.

  • Defined process

    Over the last few years, doing over 500 incorporations, we have defined every step of the process. A virtual process is in place enabling us to deliver hassle free experience for you.

  • Cost Effective

    You pay what you see in the proposal. No surprises or hidden charges.

Frequently Asked Questions

To shift a registered office of a company from one state to another state, the company must pass a special resolution and get it approved by the members and creditors. The company must then file an application with the Registrar of Companies and publish a notice in newspapers. Once the Registrar of Companies approves the application, a new certificate of incorporation will be issued with the new address. The company must update its records and inform various authorities of the change of address.

  • 1) Change of registered office within the city

Companies relocating the registered office within the local limits of the city or town can do so without the permission of the shareholder or any other authority. However, they must notify the change to the registrar within the prescribed number of days in e-form INC-22, along with other relevant documents and fee

2) Change of registered office From City to different city. (within the state)

Companies shifting the registered office outside city limits but within the same state must take approval from shareholders by way of passing special resolutions.

3) Change of registered office from one state to another.

The process of changing a registered office from one state to another is a bit longer the process starts from

1) Drafting MOA and AOA of the company

2) Holding a board meeting and EGM passing a board resolution and special resolution.

3) Filing with ROC

4) File application in form INC 23.

5) Advertise in the 2 newspapers regarding the change of address

6)  Send the notice of application by registered post to all the creditors and debenture holders, etc.

7) If no objection is received, the RD will put on orders without hearing 8) Once the order is passed file form INC 22 and 28, within 30 days.

Yes, it is mandatory to intimate MCA that you have changed the registered office of your company if the ministry found out that you have not informed about the change in registered office, up to 1 Lakh penalty will be imposed.

Yes, you can use your residential address as your office address but you need to provide the No objection certificate from the owner of the property.